Christy Maloney is a Registered Dietitian specializing in helping those with eating disorders and disordered eating in Charlotte, NC. Christy earned a BS in psychology from Wingate University. Following a career in banking and finance, becoming an RD was a second career for Christy. After completing coursework for a BS in Human Nutrition and her dietetic internship, Christy has been an RD since 2011.Initially, Christy worked in the clinical setting at two hospital systems in South Carolina. It was here that she initially began working with eating disorders. After two years in clinical practice, Christy worked for three and a half years at the Renfrew Center of Charlotte, NC. It was here the she developed her passion for eating disorders, honed her skills in treatment of eating disorders, and began to develop her career in this field.
Following the Renfrew Center, Christy began working as a contractor in private practice with a local company treating eating disorders and disordered eating. In January, 2019, she opened her own practice in Charlotte, NC devoted solely to the treatment of eating disorders at an outpatient level. Christy has become a Certified Eating Disorders Specialist - Consultant (CEDS-C) . This credential shows Christy’s expertise and experience in the field. She also is an iaedp approved supervisor for other dietitians looking to obtain their CEDS certification.
When she is not working, Christy enjoys spending time with her husband, Scott, her daughter, Stella, and her dogs, Stewart and Rosie. She is an avid sports fan and enjoys watching sports on the weekend. Christy enjoys reading, spending time outdoors, playing cornhole, and eating potatoes.
- Bachelors of Science - Psychology (Wingate University)
- Bachelors of Science - Nutrition (Kansas State University)
- Dietetic Internship (Winthrop University)
- Registered Dietitian
- Licensed Dietitian – SC
- Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist – NC
- Licensed Dietitian – GA
- Certified Eating Disorders Specialist (CEDS) – iaedp accredited
- Certified Eating Disorders Specialist Consultant (CEDS-C), iaedp accredited
- Certified Personal Trainer – ACE accredited
- Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor – IE Pros accredited
- Carolina Resource Center for Eating Disorders